Croda Gets IFO 5-Star Certification for Incromega
The IFOS Program is a voluntary third party testing and certification program for omega-3 fish oil products that sets the industry "gold standard" for fish oil safety, purity and quality.
Croda International Plc has become the first supplier of omega-3 fish oil concentrates to attain the prestigious IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) 5-Star Supplier Certification.
The IFOS Program is a voluntary third party testing and certification program for omega-3 fish oil products that sets the industry "gold standard" for fish oil safety, purity and quality. The certification program rates both consumer products and omega-3 fish oil suppliers.
"Croda’s achievement of the IFOS Supplier 5-Star certification assures our customers that Incromega fish oil concentrates are consistently of the highest quality and also provides confidence that consumer products made with IFOS 5-Star Incromega oils can achieve the desirable IFOS Consumer 5-Star status," said Gerry Purnell, Croda Nutritional Sales Director.
Consumer products are tested by IFOS to the highest global standards for omega-3 content, contaminants and stability. The results are published on the IFOS website in the form of a Consumer Report based on a 5-star rating system, providing consumers with an easy to understand, scientifically validated way to compare products and brands.
The IFOS Supplier 5-Star rating takes the requirement for superior quality a step back up the supply chain and requires that:
- The manufacturing facility is an approved and registered food/dietary supplement manufacturing facility with an appropriate certification.
- The company and/or product has been registered in accordance with the regulatory authorities’ requirements where the product is produced.
- The analytical methods used have met the IFOS standard of testing.
- Each lot of certified IFOS raw material has been individually inspected and reviewed for IFOS program compliance.
- The product has met the IFOS Consumer Report 5-Star Rating Criteria.
- Share this article
- Got more on this story? Email Asia Food Journal