Diabetic food market size to reach US$11.76bn by 2025
The global diabetic food demand was US$7 billion in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2016 to 2025.
February 16, 2017
By Denice Cabel
The global diabetic food market is expected to reach US$11.76 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for diabetic food in the medical sector is anticipated to fuel the market growth.
Rising health concerns and an uptrend in the occurrence of diabetes among youngsters, and health issues such as obesity, diabetes, and digestive disorders have prompted consumers to opt for such diabetic food solutions. Wide applications of diabetic food in healthcare sector including, insulin and medical food, are expected to positively the growth of the market over the forecast period of 2014 to 2025.
The diabetic food industry is governed by various regulations that cover the entire lifecycle ranging from production to end use. Diabetic products used in the healthcare industry need to strictly abide by the stringent U.S. FDA regulations. Health disorders are a result of unhealthy lifestyles such as long working hours, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, poor food habits and alcohol consumption and are anticipated to influence the industry growth over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific diabetic food industry accounted for over 22.0% of the overall revenue in 2015. Rising demand in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China, South Korea, and India is expected to positively influence the regional demand. Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness high growth in dairy products and confectionery sector owing to rising disposable income and growing population, thereby aiding the regional market growth.
North America was the leading consumer of diabetic food in 2015 owing to rising health complexities on account of high level of blood glucose and aging population mainly in U.S. Moreover, obesity is another reason for rising demand for diabetic foods in the U.S., which is anticipated to provide growth opportunity to the market.
Europe is expected to witness lucrative demand growth on account of increasing awareness regarding healthy lifestyle in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth at a CAGR of 6.0% over the next nine years particularly in China, India, and Japan owing to rapid globalization, growing population along with increasing disposable income among consumers.
Global diabetic food market revenue by region, 2015 (US$ Million)
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global diabetic food demand was US$7 billion in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2016 to 2025
- Demand in dairy application is estimated to exceed US$3 billion by 2025, owing to its probiotic properties
- Baked products application segment is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period owing to the large demand of sugar-free baked products by health conscious consumers
- Product demand in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate of 6.0% over the next nine years owing to the emerging economies and the growing investment in the medical foods sector
- Diabetic food industry in North America is anticipated to exceed US$4 billion by 2025, owing to the growing medical sector and imbalance in work life and unhealthy lifestyle
- Companies such as Coca-Cola Company and PepsiCo Inc. offer raw materials including, dietary syrups, carbon dioxide, sweeteners, and juices, to various industries including, frozen foods, nutritional and functional foods, beverages, medical and processed foods.
- Business expansions by companies, such as Mondelēz International to establish global research, development & quality (RDQ) network of the future, is anticipated to strengthen the market presence over the coming years