Croda Gets IFO 5-Star Certification for Incromega
The IFOS Program is a voluntary third party testing and certification program for omega-3 fish oil products that sets the industry "gold standard" for fish oil safety, purity and quality.
February 5, 2014
By Stephen Las Marias
Croda International Plc has become the first supplier of omega-3 fish oil concentrates to attain the prestigious IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) 5-Star Supplier Certification.
The IFOS Program is a voluntary third party testing and certification program for omega-3 fish oil products that sets the industry “gold standard” for fish oil safety, purity and quality. The certification program rates both consumer products and omega-3 fish oil suppliers.
“Croda’s achievement of the IFOS Supplier 5-Star certification assures our customers that Incromega fish oil concentrates are consistently of the highest quality and also provides confidence that consumer products made with IFOS 5-Star Incromega oils can achieve the desirable IFOS Consumer 5-Star status,” said Gerry Purnell, Croda Nutritional Sales Director.
Consumer products are tested by IFOS to the highest global standards for omega-3 content, contaminants and stability. The results are published on the IFOS website in the form of a Consumer Report based on a 5-star rating system, providing consumers with an easy to understand, scientifically validated way to compare products and brands.
The IFOS Supplier 5-Star rating takes the requirement for superior quality a step back up the supply chain and requires that:
- The manufacturing facility is an approved and registered food/dietary supplement manufacturing facility with an appropriate certification.
- The company and/or product has been registered in accordance with the regulatory authorities’ requirements where the product is produced.
- The analytical methods used have met the IFOS standard of testing.
- Each lot of certified IFOS raw material has been individually inspected and reviewed for IFOS program compliance.
- The product has met the IFOS Consumer Report 5-Star Rating Criteria.